At Succinct, our teams enjoy challenging convention, pushing the boundaries and delivering bespoke, game-changing solutions in complex therapy areas. Always thinking beyond communication and education, our goal is to motivate and inspire our audiences. A key component of our work is the delivery of accurate, relevant content that is grammatically and factually flawless, and that complies with applicable styles and regulations. We pride ourselves on the delivery of materials and programmes for our clients that are of the highest scientific integrity and quality.
You will love this role if you:
- Have an exceptionally keen eye for detail
- Are passionate about science and the English language
- Are looking for a dynamic role involving interaction with a range of internal teams
You will be a success if you:
- Demonstrate an extraordinary attention to detail and are able to apply this across a variety of content formats
- Possess a strong command of the English language which you utilise to add quality and consistency to all deliverables
- Can perform multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively
- Are naturally team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to liaise and build relationships across all internal teams
- To ensure that quality control is paramount within all materials produced across Succinct by providing editorial support
- Materials include, but are not limited to: abstracts; scientific posters; manuscripts; PowerPoint presentations; training programmes; meeting materials; newsletters; monographs; value dossiers; patient and healthcare professional education materials; proposals; websites
- Editorial support includes, but is not limited to: proofreading; copy editing; document formatting; ensuring style guides (internal and external) are maintained or adhered to; reference / fact checking; creation of reference packs; uploading materials and reference packs to approval systems (e.g. Zinc); submission of materials to journals and congresses; KOL, literature and conference searching; ensuring copyright restrictions have been adhered to and necessary permissions have been sought
- To coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the Succinct team (scientific, editorial and creative/digital) on a wide range of projects
- To work closely with other members of the global editorial team to manage workflow and allocation of projects
- To develop and maintain an understanding of the various client brand and disease areas
- To create and maintain comprehensive style guides for all assigned accounts, and keep relevant style guidelines up to date
- To keep abreast of all relevant industry guidelines including publication industry guidelines
(e.g. Good Publication Practice)
- To champion editorial processes and be a good source of information on these processes for colleagues
- This includes training current Succinct personnel as well as all new team members on editorial function and processes
What you'll need in order to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. English or Life Sciences) (BSc or higher is preferred)
- Editorial experience gained from working in a medical communications / medical education agency (or related field)
- Capability to apply core editorial skills across a variety of written and electronic materials including, but not limited to: PowerPoint presentations, manuscripts, proposals / pitch presentations, marketing materials, websites and printed artwork materials
- Strong project management and organisational skills with a proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and changing deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant industry guidelines, including publication industry guidelines such as Good Publication Practice (e.g. CONSORT, PRISMA)
- Knowledge of reference management software (e.g. EndNote / Reference manager)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- An understanding of the purpose / aims of healthcare marketing / communications
Succinct is a rapidly growing business with over 110 people across all teams based in offices in Marlow, London, Newcastle and Chicago. The role involves working across all offices, with the opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting and exciting projects in a variety of therapy areas. Succinct are the medical communications agency within the OPEN Health group of healthcare companies.
We have the feel and culture of a small agency with all the benefits of being part of a larger group.
For further information, please contact our Talent Resourcing Manager, Gavin O'Neill - GavinONeill@openhealth.co.uk, providing a resume, cover letter and, where appropriate, a sample of your work or portfolio.